Why not make the "crossroads of the Mediterranean" your cruising base this winter? Grand Harbour Marina in Malta is regarded as one of the finest homeports in the Mediterranean and an ideal option for superyachts seeking high quality facilities and a fantastic crew experience in equal measure.
Our marina is fully ISPS compliant – one of the few yacht specific compliant ports in the Mediterranean and the only one on Malta, and we can accommodate vessels up to 135m LOA alongside and 100m stern-to.
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE MALTA THIS WINTER SEASON
1. You’ll find it warm and welcoming – the yacht-friendly island of Malta enjoys a temperate climate that offers year-round cruising opportunities.
2. You can get here easily – Grand Harbour Marina is only 15 minutes from Malta International Airport by car, with direct flights from most major European cities and facilities for chartered and private jets. The island is also within 2.5 days’ cruising from anywhere in the Mediterranean.
3. Malta has a dynamic lifestyle and offers year-round recreational experiences; expect a vibrant culture in Valletta, voted the 2018 European City of Culture. You’ll find a fantastic selection of restaurants and bars on the waterfront catering for every taste from traditional Maltese food to international cuisine.
4. The island retains strong west European traditions and institutions, making it an ideal alternative location to the more crowded and increasingly expensive ports of the western Mediterranean, and the islanders speak fluent English.
5. In Malta you are spoiled for choice when it comes to visiting museums and heritage sites. These range from art, military, maritime, crafts and folklore museums as well as churches, palaces, gardens and archaeological sites.
6. The waters around Malta are among the clearest in the Mediterranean, and are perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving as well as every imaginable water sport from windsurfing to paragliding to water-skiing.
7. Malta is home to one of the oldest golf courses outside the UK – the Royal Malta Golf Club; around Valletta there are numerous tennis clubs, squash courts, even cricket and rugby clubs. Many of the larger hotels have gyms and spas.
8. The islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino offer beautiful anchorages for day excursions, ideal for just lounging and relaxing. Sicily (58 nm), Sardinia and Corsica, are within easy reach while Greece’s Ionian islands and the ragged, mountainous coastline of the Peloponnese are only a few days’ passage away for most yachts (280 nm).
9. The marina provides a concierge-led approach to ensuring that yacht crews have the opportunity to make the most of Malta during their time on the island, with organised events and parties, along with preferential pricing on everything from restaurants, bars, gyms, and car rental.
10. The marina also offers extensive refit and repair facilities including dry dock for up to 160m; the nearby superyacht shipyard has the capacity to service, maintain, refit and repair some of the largest ships afloat.
SPECIAL WINTER 2015/2016 OFFER
•For the 2015/2016 winter season, Grand Harbour Marina is pleased to offer a winter berthing incentive for 30m – 100m yachts: Berths booked for six-months or more will receive one-month free berthing.